, Desktop Apps
, Developer Tools
Software developed by Nandakumar Edamana include tools used by general public like Paraympole input tool for Indian languages, Unicode Malayalam converter, Theeram dictionary app (based on Olam) for GNU/Linux, etc. They are all available here, under Free Software (free as in freedom) licenses. However, he has been focusing on custom programming languages, compilers and other tools for developers for a while. These projects call for real effort, so don't be surprised if you don't see much activity here now. You can expect these technical components to be released soon, which will in turn boost the development of existing and upcoming applications intended for general public.
So please make use of the limited set of resources available here, let Nandakumar know your feedback, and make sure to come back frequently to check for updates. You can subscribe to the free newsletter also.
- Sammaty - Helps you conduct computer-aided elections, especially in schools. Simply convert a personal computer to a voting machine.
- Parayumpole - Type or transliterate between multiple Indian languages and English. A popular Malayalam typing tool that follows phonetic (often called Manglish) pattern. Available as a web app for all platforms as well as an offline desktop application for GNU/Linux including Ubuntu.
- Theeram - Theeram is a flexible dictionary application. Originally based on Olam en-ml dataset, it now supports the inclusion of additional datasets.
- nlexgen - A lexical analyzer generator that currently outputs C code and has NFA logic. Unlike lex or flex, it is fully reentrant. It powers nguigen.
- OPPAM - Python IDE for visually impaired students (compatible with Orca screen reader).
- Brahma - Tower of Brahma (Tower of Hanoi) game for console. Manual play and autoplay modes available.
- Damaru - Create silly drum music without installing anything.
- libnanjson - C library for JSON parsing.
- libnancgi - C library that makes CGI Web application development easier.
- sp-minimal-1 - Single page minimalistic Web template - 1.
- Olam en-ml Dataset for Theeram - English-Malayalam dictionary dataset that can be browsed using Theeram (please install Theeram first).
- Inscript Input Tool - This tool helps you type Malayalam and some other Indian scripts using Inscript keyboard layout.
- Parayumpole Transliteration Tool - An easy Malayalam, Tamil, Kannada, Hindi and Sanskrit typing tool. No installation required. 'Manglish-style' Malayalam typing supported.
- Turing Machine Emulator - Lets you simulate Turing Machine code in a web browser.
- ASCII-encoded Malayalam to Unicode Converter - Convert Malayalam text composed for ASCII-based ISM fonts like ML-TTRevathi, ML-TTKarthika and MM Saroja to Unicode. The converted text can use fonts like Meera, Rachana, Noto Sans Malayalam, etc.